When you are going to a baseball tryout, there are things that you must do and not do. Going to such tryout is not much different from going to other sports try out. That is why here are the things that you may keep in mind when you are going to a baseball tryout.
- Don’t be late – This is actually self-explanatory. You do not want to be late because you do not want your coach to be having a negative first impression on you. As early as your tryout, ensure that you are always on time, and it would also be better when you come to the tryout earlier than you are supposed to arrive. So that you will be able to see how the place is like. Also, you can also condition yourself before you’re the start of the tryout so that you will be comfortable while playing. I was running from a meeting with the party catering services company, and was late for my first tryout! Definitely don’t do what I did.
- Be you – There are times that when players are going for tryouts, they will act as one of their idols or someone they like to portray. But it is actually not advisable because you have your own strengths, and when you want to become a great baseball player, you can be more than just the baseball player that you are looking up to. There is a lot more in you than anybody in this world that you want to copy.
- Dress appropriately – By dressing the right way shows the coach or coaches that you are serious in trying out and not someone who looks like who just passed the field and suddenly decided to try out by wearing just a shirt and jeans.
- Be humble – One of the things that coaches are looking for are players whom they know they will not have problems with attitude. They may be looking for attitude when you play, but the attitude toward other players is important.
- Have fun – When you are going to try out for the first time, never forget to have fun. Even if it’s not your first time, you still need to have a good time because you will never know when will be the next time you that you will be able to join a tryout or play on the field where tryouts are held.
Therefore, skills and confidence are not enough to show when you are going to tryouts. Keep in mind that a positive attitude also matters the most.